We’ve buddied up with Kids Against Plastic!
We have joined forces with Kids Against Plastic to raise awareness of our reusable glue stick system ‘U-fill’. Having recently met with the charity over a series of video calls, the team at KAP were so impressed with our unique solution for reducing plastic glue stick waste, that they went ahead and featured it on their website (follow this link to view their online article): https://www.kidsagainstplastic.co.uk/refillable-glue-sticks-a-solution-for-schools/
The evidence that more needs to be done to tackle plastic waste is growing, as The Big Plastic Count: Survey shows ‘recycling doesn’t work’.
As detailed in a recent BBC news article, The organisers of Britain’s biggest ever survey of household plastic waste has declared a crisis – “We’re creating a hundred billion bits of waste plastic a year, and recycling is hardly making a dent.” The good news is that (and we are proud to say) companies like us are developing solutions to help combat plastic waste. Our U-fill system, which encourages people to keep their empty glue sticks and simply replenish the contents with our refills, will help to greatly reduce the amount of glue sticks that end up in landfill. What’s more is that we take back the empty refill canisters and reuse them in production. By reusing the plastic that has been produced within the product cycle, we are able to make a real impact, and the best thing about it is that we have full control of what happens to the plastic. As stated by Everyday Plastic founder Daniel Webb, “By reducing the amount we produce it will reduce the amount that is thrown away.” (Follow this link to read the full BBC article on the Big Plastic Count’s ‘jaw dropping’ findings): https://www-bbc-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-62126757.amp
Follow Kids Against Plastic on Twitter
Learn more about our U-fill system by clicking here
Back to News
- Our Award-Winning U-fill!
- We’ve buddied up with Kids Against Plastic!
- Learn Play Nexus presents at the National Handwriting Association members day & AGM 2022
- Learn Play Nexus sponsors the Northern Ireland Eco Schools Green Flag Awards
- Nexus exhibit at the Childcare & Education Expo
- Using Pegs to Count Up to Support Bar Modelling (Intervention to Support KS2 Learners Working Below the Expected Standard)
- An ideal teaching resource for pupil premium funding
- U-Fill there is a better way
- Introducing the Nexus Go trikes and bikes range
- Can children hold pens in the digital age?
- Do the iPad generation need to learn handwriting skills?
- Pegs to Catch-Up – Try our two month free trial
- Pegs to Count Up Testimonial from Amberley Primary
- Nexus Sustainable Educational Toys
- Pegs to Paper testimonial from Freemantle Community Academy
- Maths Remote Learning Videos for Ages 4-5
- Catch up funding for schools during COVID pandemic lockdown
- ‘Pegs to’ Range Early Years Monthly Webinars