The all-in-one early years resource designed to establish the fundamental skills which underpin handwriting and literacy, build solid foundations and develop key fine motor skills. During this crucial early stage of learning, Pegs to Paper helps to counteract today’s heavy use of tablets and screens with structured, yet fun hands-on activities. Targeted for ages 3-5 years, plus extension SEN activities for ages 5+ years. Includes resources for 1 table of 4 children.
Click here for virtual edition of instructions.
- Encouraging good posture
- Establishing tripod handwriting grip
- Nurturing the more dominant hand
- Stimulating neural activation
- Developing fine motor skills
- Building vocabulary (inputting language)
- Building vocabulary (extracting language)
- Teaching basics for letter formation
Designed in partnership with renowned educationalist Dr Angela Webb, Pegs to Paper offers a novel approach to learning for ages 3-5 years. With detailed instructions to guide you through the 3 steps, the programme has been developed to make it as easy as possible for teachers to work with children through the steps. During the programme the children are asked to listen, do, say and draw. All of these exercises help to develop essential skills such as motor development, coordination, linguistics, pen control and letter structure. The key component within the set is our unique ‘Grippy Peg’, which along with our pegboards have been switched to be made from 70% recycled wood pulp to keep our resources sustainable.
This set has all the resources needed for all 3 steps for ages 3-5 years, plus extension exercises for ages 5+ years. For use with 1 table of 4 children.
- 1 x Clearboard Instruction Booklet (includes QR Code how to videos)
- 1 x Step 1 Work Cards
- 1 x Step 2 Work Cards
- 1 x Step 3 Work Cards
- 4 x 10 Colour Linking Pots (orange, blue, yellow, dark green, red, brown, pink, light green, purple, black)
- 400 x Grippy Pegs (orange, blue, yellow, dark green, red, brown, pink, light green, purple, black)
- 16 x Wood Pulp Peg Board Quadrants
- 4 x 10 Colour Laces
- 4 x Link & Lace Applicators
- 4 x Link & Lace Boards
- 4 x Wallets of Pegs to Paper Pens
- 4 x Clearboard Dots Sheets
- 5 x Microfibre Cloths